Yeah, that’s right! I’m in a band, our name is Mateo y Paulina, and we had our debut performance in Scottsdale in October and totally crushed it! Hahah.
If you’ve heard of Rodrigo y Gabriela, you’ll get the reason behind the inspiration for our name. If you haven’t heard of them, you must right here.
Anyway, my band mate’s name is Matthew, and I’m, well, you already know my name. So together we’re Mateo y Paulina, and we make all sorts of beautiful noise on our nylon-string guitars, but gravitate to metal because, hello?
Ok, so, below you’ll enjoy our first-ever performance together. Setlist includes:
– “Pica Pica” by Anonymous (a traditional Venezuelan waltz)
– Fingerstyle arrangement of “Diary of a Madman” by Ozzy Osbourne, arranged by Matthew Solis
– Fingerstyle arrangement of “Radioactive” by Imagine Dragons, arranged by Nathan Cragg
– “Agua e Vinho” by Egberto Gismonti (a beautiful Brazilian piece originally written for piano)
– “Nothing Else Matters” by Metallica, arranged by Matthew Solis
– “La Canción del Mariachi” from the Desperado soundtrack